We like smartphones just like the other 180 million people in the country who are slaves to them. They make life easier and entertaining. Let's face it, who doesn't pull out their smartphone and try to amuse themselves while waiting in line for an hour at PennDOT? One thing smartphones do well though, is allow you to report information out in the field, without being chained to a wall or a desk. And bandit signs are out in the environment, not in our homes. So, we need a smartphone app. And we definitely need to have volunteers testing it soon before winter rolls in and working perfectly in time for the Philly Spring Cleanup.
Just about everyone in Philadelphia looks like this
To make the reporting process as quick as possible, in 20 seconds or less, the process works like this:
1. Point the phone at the sign and snap a photo
2. Press what category the sign is with your finger (We Buy Houses, Junk Cars, etc)
3. If there's a phone number on the sign, kick the digits.
4. Push "Send". Boom. Done.
For those of us who may be OCD, some extra options:
1. Send comments along with the photo if you want
2. Ask for a push notification on the sign you are reporting (requires registration), if you want to know later if we found out who owns the sign
3. Also send the sign to 3-1-1 and automatically open a ticket to 3-1-1 (requires registration).
If you have any suggestions for the smartphone version of banditProject, be sure to send a comment
Revision: 4 |